The Indy Film Fest is back for its twelfth year, and yet again, it’s been kicked up a notch! The 12th annual Indy Film Fest will feature a lineup of more than 100 films from local, national, and international filmmakers, special programming for kids, a craft beer event, award parties, and a chance to meet the filmmakers.
Special events include:
• On Saturday, July 18 at 10 a.m., kids won’t want to miss an opportunity to be the first to see Shaun the Sheep, a spin-off of the Wallace & Gromit franchise, and then attend a stop-motion animation workshop presented by Ball State University. Tickets to this special Cereal Cinema event are $5 each and include a bowl of cereal along with admission to the film.
• On Sunday, July 19 at 10:30 a.m., the Fest will welcome beer fans for a brewers brunch, followed by a special screening of Blood, Sweat, and Beer, a documentary exploring the explosive growth of the craft beer industry and the struggles of two start-up breweries.
In an effort to give back to the community, one dollar from the sale of each ticket to TANGERINE and LOVE ME ANYWAY will benefit Circle City Indy Pride, while sales of THE PEANUT GALLERY will benefit The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
About Indy Film Fest:
• The Indy Film Fest is an annual celebration of films and the people who make them, and is entirely run by volunteers
• The Fest’s mission is to create a shared experience around film by championing movies that entertain, challenge and expand perspectives in Indianapolis and beyond
• For further information, visit www.indyfilmfest.org.