IFD: Cigarette starts 2-alarm condo fire

(WISH Photo/Joe Fenton)

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – The Indianapolis Fire Department confirmed that a fire that consumed two condos was started by a stray cigarette.

A man was smoking and tossed the cigarette into a container, where the fire started.

The fire quickly spread to the condos in the 7000 block of Harbour Isle, near the container where the cigarette had been tossed.

IFD were called to the scene around 11 a.m. After surveying the fire, a second unit was called in to help combat the flames.

No one was injured in the fire.

WISHTV.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others and keep the conversation on topic and civil. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s