Nextdoor is a private social network designed to keep you, your neighbors and your community aware of crime.
To join Nextdoor on a web browser:
- Visit nextdoor.com, enter your email address, street address, and zip code and click GET STARTED — IT’S FREE.
- If there is already a Nextdoor website for your neighborhood, you will automatically be directed to that neighborhood.
- If there is not yet a Nextdoor website for your neighborhood, you’ll be given the option to create one.
- If you received an invitation to join Nextdoor, follow the special link on your invitation to create your account.
NOTE: Nextdoor does not support the use of P.O. Boxes. Members must join using their physical address. If you don’t receive mail at your physical address, alternative options for verifying your address are available.
How to use Facebook to sign into your Nextdoor account
Signing in with Facebook is an optional feature for neighbors who already use Facebook and prefer not having to remember a new password for Nextdoor.
To sign in with your Facebook account on a web browser:
- Visit the Sign in page. (NOTE: If you’re already signed into your Nextdoor account, you’ll need to first sign out.)
- Click SIGN IN WITH FACEBOOK.
- A pop-up window will appear. Enter the email address and password associated with your Facebook account.
- Click Log in.
- Click Okay if you agree to the permissions request.
The first time you sign in with Facebook, you will be asked to sign in with the email address associated with your Nextdoor account and the password you created when joining Nextdoor, in order to link your accounts. After linking your accounts once, you can sign in through Facebook in the future and use Nextdoor as you normally would.
- Using Facebook to sign into Nextdoor is an option, not a requirement. If you don’t have a Facebook account, or you don’t wish to use it to sign in, just ignore the blue “SIGN IN WITH FACEBOOK” button.
- Signing in with Facebook will NOT result in Nextdoor content being posted to Facebook.