Police investigating after two women found dead, man taken to hospital

IMPD is investigating after two people died on the city's east side. (WISH Photo/Elizabeth Cho

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department is still investigating after neighbors found two women dead inside of a home on the southeast side of Indianapolis.

It happened at a home in the 500 block of Trowbridge Street Thursday afternoon.

Neighbors said they have seen people stopping by the home, but no activity from inside for at least two days.

They climbed through a window to check on the man living in that home, but once inside they found him struggling to stay alive and two women dead in the living room.

“I knew there was something wrong with that house, but I didn’t know what it was,” said Albert Kelly, neighbor.

Detectives spent hours at the scene talking to neighbors and collecting evidence at the scene.

“I never want to see nobody die, you know what I’m saying? That is the sad part about watching him gasping for air and everything,” said Porter Eaton, who discovered the bodies.

Eaton said he tried to revive the man, but he was unresponsive. Police identified him as Carl Begley, 54. Police said he was taken to the hospital in critical condition.

“We tried to throw water over Carl’s neck to try to get him to come through and talk to us,” said Eaton. “But we yelled his name, threw the water on his neck, and he didn’t come through.”

Porter said he recognized one of the two women found dead inside.

“The lady was sitting on the couch with the glasses on, like I said, I never seen her. Must have been a new woman he got with,” said Eaton. “Then the other lady was a neighborhood friend.”

Police are still waiting for the Marion County Coroner’s Office to make a positive identification on the two women. Police believe the cause of death could be one of two things.

“There are a few possibilities that we’re looking at,” said Rafael Diaz, IMPD. “We’re looking at possibly narcotics-related. It could be a possibility or carbon monoxide, but at this time we don’t know.”

Police said they found a generator inside of the home, running on gas and out of fuel when they checked it.

“Right now we’re treating this as a death investigation. We should know a little bit more about the circumstances once an autopsy is completed,” said Diaz.

The autopsy is scheduled for the two women Friday morning.

Police said they did not find any visible injuries or drugs inside of the home.

Comments are closed.