INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – It is important to eat healthy foods, and nearly every food consumed can impact the clarity of the brain.
Makes 2 entrée pizzas
- 1 wild caught salmon fillet, skinned and crumbled
- 1/2 can refried black beans (organic if possible)
- 1 cup cooked, well-drained spinach (3 cups raw=1 cup cooked)
- 1 minced jalapeno pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp. ground flax seed
- Himalayan salt and black pepper
- 1 package of Ezekiel bread wraps
- Pico de Gallo
- 1 sliced avocado
- 2 springs of chopped cilantro leaves
Preheat oven to 375°F
- Rub salmon with olive oil and bake for approximately 18 to 20 minutes making sure not to over bake.
- Remove skin and gently break it up into small pieces for topping. Set aside.
- Coat Ezekiel wraps on both sides with olive oil and then place them on a baking pan. Bake at 375º for 5 to 8 minutes turning once. They should be alittle crispy.
- Make Pico de Gallo or use store bought.
- Peel and slice avocado.
- In a small bowl, combine refried beans, cooked spinach, lime juice, salt, pepper, flax and minced jalapeno to make a pizza sauce.
- To assemble pizzas, spread each wrap with bean mixture and top with avocado and broken pieces of salmon.
- Top with Pico de Gallo and chopped cilantro.
- Serve with lime wedges.