20 Lawrence mobile homes evacuated after gas leak

(KXAN Photo, file)

LAWRENCE, Ind.(WISH) — A gas leak prompted evacuations in about 20 mobile homes in Lawrence Friday evening.

Emergency crews responded to Maplewood Village off Morning Glory Court and found a mobile home full of gas, according to the Lawrence Fire Department.

The owner was not home at the time and firefighters had to force entry in order to air the trailer out.

Nearby residents were evacuated from about 7:45 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.

The mobile home was safely aired out, and no one was injured.

A cause for the gas leak was not immediately known, according to the Lawrence Fire Department.

Comments are closed.