Halloween is just around the corner and while going door to door for candy is a child’s favorite, it can also be a parent’s nightmare. If your kiddos have food allergies, you’ll understand why. Audrey Kinsman, author of The Switch Witch and the Magic of Switchcraft, says after the emotional roller coaster of her son’s milk protein allergy, she knew she had to do something. She says he’d come home after trick-or-treating in tears, knowing he couldn’t eat so much of the candy that was in his goody bag. After seeing him so upset, the idea of “Switchcrafting” the candy he was allergic to came to life!
The Switch Witch and the Magic of Switchcraft is a gift set that comes complete with a plush Switch Witch toy and a beautifully illustrated 20 page hardcover storybook. The story tells of how your Switch Witch magically turns candy into energy to fuel the Witchy World – and how your help is needed to do so! Good girls and boys are encouraged to trick-or-treat their hearts out, then choose their very favorite pieces, and trade the rest of their candy loot to their Switch Witch on Halloween night.
Things to consider:
• It’s a NEW educational, healthy, and magical Halloween tradition that DOES NOT take away from the fun of trick-or-treating
• Encourages children to support other children, particularly those suffering from certain candy-related allergies
• Philanthropic GIVEBACK tie-in with Operation Shoebox (supporting military troops worldwide)
• Perfect for families looking for FUN, yet healthier alternatives, or allergy-friendly solutions for Halloween
• Digital Switch Witch APP available on Google Play and iTunes
• Their website also includes Cooking Videos, Crafts & Games, K-5 Worksheets and more, for parents and teachers.