It’s time to transition your home décor from Fall to Winter, and here to show us some of the new trends is Sharon Hadden from Allisonville Nursery, Garden & Home! Sharon says the trend right now is using natural and earthy elements in your containers and outdoor décor.
Here are her display ideas:
· Birch is very popular – Yule Logs can be created using 2-3 birch logs tied together with some beautiful ribbon and evergreen and pine cones as accents. These make great table centerpieces or look beautiful leaned up next to your fireplace or outside your front door.
· Birch planter boxes – The birch branches can also be used in your outdoor containers. Fill your container with dirt then secure the long branches in the pot by sticking them vertically down in the soil. Then use evergreen, pinecones, berries, lights or other elements to fill in around the branches.
· Grapevine is another popular item. Allisonville Nursery carries a variety of balls, cones and reindeer created from grapevine. You can decorate with these inside or outdoors, put lights around them, or use them as the centerpiece for your large pots and outdoor containers.
· You can also use sticks and tree limbs from around your yard, spray paint them a festive holiday color and use those to accentuate your containers.
· If you are looking for an easy option, there are holiday drop-ins already created for your containers available for sale at the Nursery.
Don’t forget about the Allisonville Nursery’s Winter Container Garden Party, coming up early next month:
Tuesday, December 1st, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Allisonville Nursery, Garden & Home – 11405 Allisonville Rd, Fishers
To learn more, visit: