INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – Remember this holiday season to enjoy the food and festivities.
Also remember that the way to stay healthy during this time of treats, is to remember portion control. Make sure to eat smaller portions of the food and sweets that are offered during this jolly, holly season.
And one more reminder: No double dipping!
Holiday Chocolate ‘Dipping’ Ganache
- 1 pound dark chocolate chunks (Not milk chocolate)
- 1 can coconut milk (shaken) or 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup maple syrup or brown rice syrup
- Place coarsely chopped dark chocolate in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, heat the milk until bubbles just begin to appear around the edges and steam rises from the surface.
- Pour the hot coconut milk over the chopped chocolate and let stand without stirring for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, stir / whisk the chocolate & milk mixture until glossy and smooth (this will take about 2 minutes of gentle stirring).
- Add the vanilla extract and syrup a little at a time and then stir until incorporated or desired consistency is achieved.* (Hint: if the chocolate coats the back of a wooden spoon, it will coat anything)
- Use warm or slightly cooled.
- Keep leftovers covered and chilled.
*Feeling bold? Add a teaspoon of instant espresso.
- Popcorn (air popped) drizzle ganache over fresh popcorn
- Angel food cake, cubed
- Breakfast bars
- Fresh coconut cubes
- Granola bars
- Strawberries, bananas, pineapple, pears, apples, orange segments and other fruit
- Banana bread, waffles and other baked goods