INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — One of four people accused in an Indianapolis quadruple homicide rejected the plea agreement that was filed for him this week.
Kenneth Rackemann was in a Marion County courtroom Friday morning for a change of plea hearing. He’s accused in the murder of four people on Feb. 20, 2014 in the 3400 block of South Parker Avenue.
Following Rackemann’s arrest, Marion County Prosecutor Terry Curry said he would pursue the death penalty in his case because there were multiple victims, the homicides were committed during a robbery and the crimes happened while Rackemann was on parole.
As part of the plea agreement filed earlier this week, the state agreed to forego prosecuting Rackemann on four counts of felony murder. Rackemann would have plead guilty to four murder charges, robbery and conspiracy to commit robbery under the agreement and would have received four sentences of life without parole, plus 20 years, instead of the death penalty.
Online court records filed Friday note that Rackemann rejected the plea agreement.
A spokeswoman for the Marion County Prosecutor’s Office said the case will continue to move toward trial.
Rackemann’s next court appearance is set for Jan. 8, 2016.