INDIANAPOLIS (WISH)- Powerball players, get out your tickets! The jackpot has risen to one of the largest in Powerball history.
The jackpot has increased to about $500 million. The projected winnings haven’t been this high since February 2015.
The major increase is due to the quick nationwide sales that have prompted a $50 million midday increase for the past two days.
Unless the winnings continue to grow after Wednesday, this jackpot will be the fourth largest in Powerball history. The largest prize was in May 2013, when the winner took home $590 million.
As of Tuesday morning, the odds of winning the top Powerball sum were 1 in 292 million.
If you want to buy a ticket, but don’t know where to go, try these top 9 retailers in Indianapolis. The following stores have the largest number of winning tickets sold.
- Marsh Supermarket: 1435 W. 86th St.
- Buck’s Supermarket: 3015 S. Meridian St.
- Speedway: 5945 E. Stop 11 Road
- Marsh Supermarket: 6965 W. 38th St.
- Meijer Store: 5325 E. Southport Road
- Silver Express: 8328 W. 10th St.
- Meijer Store: 8375 E. 96th St.
- Kroger: 1330 W. Southport Road
- Rickers: 9235 E. 56th St.
The drawing is Wednesday night.