NEWARK, Ohio (WCMH) – Firefighters say the residents of an Ohio home had to jump to safety to escape a house fire in Newark.
The fire started shortly after 3 a.m. Wednesday at a home on the 400 block of East Main Street in Newark
When firefighters arrived, they found heavy fire coming from a house and vehicle.
Firefighters were able to contain the blaze by 3:30 a.m., but the fire wasn’t completely out at that point.
No serious injuries were reported, but there was a scary moment for one firefighter captured on live TV. WCMH was at the scene when part of the roof fell on a firefighter who was standing on a ladder. He was able to walk down to safety with the assistance of a fellow firefighter.
Officials are investigating what sparked the blaze.