INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) -Whether served on restaurant breakfast platters or from grocer’s freezers, hash browns can be a fatty cause of weight gain. Make homemade hash browns with this easy recipe jammed full of vitamins and fiber. Hold the ketchup however, if you want to avoid sugar. Condiments can be unhealthy too.
1/2 cauliflower, washed and trimmed
1 egg, scrambled
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 clove minced fresh garlic
2 green onions, minced
1 tbsp. chia seed
1 tsp. coconut or extra virgin olive oil
• Grate cauliflower head on a cheese grater to create cauliflower shreds or “rice.”
• Combine the shredded cauliflower with minced onion, egg, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and chia and stir to combine.
• Heat 1 tsp. coconut oil over medium-high heat.
• Add half the cauliflower mixture to the pan and gently press down with a spatula to flatten, working to keep the hash brown together as much as possible.
• Cook for 1 minute after the edges start to turn golden brown, about 3-4 minutes.
• Carefully flip over and cook an additional 3-4 minutes to let the edges brown and the cauliflower and onion cook through.
• Plain yogurt
For more information on this recipe click here.