INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – After cocktails and greasy food, your body is in an unhealthy acid state. Extra acidity created by a poor diet overwhelms your body. Below are some alkaline food and beverage recipes that can help your body to return to normal pH and fight off disease.
Green Juice Alkaline Smoothie
½ cup coconut water, or cold herbal tea (more or less based on how you like it)
½ small cucumber
½ beet, raw
½ lemon, juice
1 cup frozen blueberries or fresh in season
1 Tbsp. local raw honey
Small knob of ginger
Pinch Himalayan Big handful of kale, with stems
• In a high-speed blender, starting with the liquids, put everything together and blend until nice and smooth.
• Kale is high in potassium, which helps the body’s electrolytes get back into balance.
• Carrots provide beta carotene and antioxidants to help liver cells function optimally.
• Beets in place of carrots in this smoothie recipe for the same effect.
• Garlic has a liver cleansing effect.
Lemon Juice, Vinegar, Ginger & Honey
Best to drinking this on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. It may also help with headache and nausea.
8 oz. warm / tepid, not hot, filtered water
Juice of one fresh lemon
1 Tbsp. freshly ginger root coin, smashed.
1 Tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother (Bragg’s)
1 tsp. RAW local honey
• Slowly heat the water in a sauce pan. Not hot!!!
• Cut an inch of fresh ginger, put it on a cutting board and smack it with the side of a chef’s knife.
• Pour into a mug and add all the ingredients. Let it steep for several minutes. Stir and consume
Green Salad with lemon-ACV dressing
4 cups spinach or kale leaves, washed
1 avocado, quartered
Dried cranberries, blueberries, or prunes
1 orange, tangerine, or other citrus fruits, segmented
1 cup broccoli florets
½ blueberries, washed
½ cup black beans, drained
• Wash and spin-dry spinach or kale leaves.
• Rinse and drain your bean.
• Grate veggies on box grater or Cuisinart.
• Place greens into a salad bowl.
• Drizzle with dressing and serve.
2 ½ cups Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup Apple Cider Vinegar (with Mother)-Alkaline
1 Tbsp. raw honey
2 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion
Pinch Himalayan salt