INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – Here’s a healthy and delicious green pasta primavera recipe.
1/2 # whole grain or gluten-free pasta
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup your favorite meat alternative (about 2 ounces)
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1 cup asparagus, chopped thin spears, tender parts only
1 1/4 cups shelled green peas (about 1 1/2 pounds unshelled)
2 cups spinach, stemmed
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup dry white wine
2 tsp. fresh dill weed
1 pinch red pepper flakes
1 Tbsp. Himalayan salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 juiced lemon and rind finely grated
1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated parmesan
• Cook pasta al dente according to package instructions; drain, rinse and reserve at room temperature.
• In a large sauté’ pan, over medium heat, put in the olive, oil garlic and hot pepper flakes.
• Now add the ‘meat substitute’ cooked through.
• Add the asparagus first and let it sauté one minute. (you want the asparagus to be crisp in the center)
• Now add spinach, green onions, peas, salt and dill weed. Pour in the wine and allow the spinach to wilt. Continue cooking for one minute till alcohol burns off.
• Toss in pasta and finish with lemon juice and zest. Gently mix.
• Plate and garnish with grated parmesan cheese.
To hear about the ‘renewing’ green pasta primavera, click on the videos.