INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Due to the rise in flu activity, the Marion County Health Department is requesting temporary visitor restrictions in all Marion County hospitals.
According to the release, all hospitals of major health systems have agreed to enforce Tier 1 of the coalition’s Patient Policy.
The restrictions will be implemented beginning March 11. They will stay in place until no longer needed based on the findings of county flu data and trends.
The following hospitals are participating in the temporary visitor restrictions:
- Community Health Network
- Franciscan St. Francis Health
- Indiana University Health
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health
- St. Vincent Health
- Sidney & Lois Eskenazi Hospital
- Richard L. Roudebush V.A. Medical Center
The restrictions are as follows:
- Visitors with symptoms of influenza
- Visitors under the age of 18
- Only immediate family as identified by the patient will be allowed
The Marion County Health Department offers $20 flu shots and recommends everyone aged 6 months and older to get one.