TIPPECANOE COUNTY, Ind. (WLFI) — A nearly nine-monthlong investigation wrapped up Thursday with the arrest of a drug dealer, who police said was selling heroin and crack in Lafayette.
The investigation, by the Tippecanoe County Drug Task Force and the Lafayette Police Street Crimes Unit, has led to the arrest of 25-year-old Warren Blakeley of Chicago, Illinois.
In June 2015, detectives said the investigation began where Blakeley was identified as the dealer in several controlled buys involving the Drug Task Force. A warrant was later issued for his arrest.
Blakeley was arrested Thursday in Chicago without incident. He will be extradited back to Tippecanoe County at a later date.
Blakeley faces 12 charges including:
- Four counts of dealing in cocaine or narcotic drug
- Two counts of dealing in cocaine or narcotic drug 1-5 grams
- Dealing in cocaine or narcotic drug 5-10 grams
- Three counts of possession of cocaine or narcotic drug
- Possession of cocaine or narcotic drug 5-10 grams
- Resisting law enforcement