FISHERS, Ind. (WISH) — A Shell gas station employee called Fishers Police Department after locating a skimmer device in a pump on Friday.
The gas station is on 96th Street and North by Northeast Boulevard.
The skimmer was handed over to the police.
According to the release, Fishers Chief of Police George Kehl reminds residents to be extra careful when paying at the pump. Here are some of his safety tips:
- The safest way to pay is by going inside the gas station.
- Look at the exterior of the pump before inserting your card. Contact the cashier immediately if anything looks out of the ordinary.
- Pay attention to your surroundings. Immediately report suspicious activity by calling 911. It appears the criminals may be sitting in a car nearby using a Bluetooth device to receive the information. If you see a person that appears to be just parked in the area please report it.
- Monitor your credit/debit card accounts to ensure there are no unauthorized purchases.
- As always, See Something, Say Something!