You know her as one of the hosts on E! News, but what you may not know is Maria Menounos LOVES to cook…. and she wants you to love it too! Maria says she learned her way around the kitchen by watching and cooking with her mother, Litsa, a professional cook. Inspired by her beloved Greek family, her hectic schedule and the need to take control over her diet to lose 40 pounds.
THE EVERYGIRL’S GUIDE TO COOKING is packed with beautiful color photos and features more than 150 delicious and easy-to-prepare recipes for the busy EveryGirl looking to eat well every day of the week. As Maria says: “No experience? No time? No problem. Let’s get cooking!”
Maria is often asked what she eats and what she cooks. She provides the answer in this cookbook: recipes with few ingredients that are so simple, easy and fast, you’ll have no excuse not to make them.
• Breakfast: Strawberry Shortcake French Toast, Quinoa and Honey Yogurt Parfait, Sweet Potato and Black Bean Breakfast Burrito
• Lunch: Three-Bean Power Salad, Kale and Lemon Oil Pizza, Turkey-Cranberry Flatbread Wrap
• Dinner: Melted Baked Ziti with Charred Cauliflower, Double-Cheese-Stuffed Artichokes, Spinach and Walnut-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
• Entertaining: Sloppy BBQ Buns with Cabbage Coleslaw, Summertime Watermelon-Feta Salad, Greek Cheese & Spinach Pies
• Protein Snacks: Spicy Avocado Toasts, Chickpea Poppers, Apple-Almond Bar
• Desserts: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies with Toasted Pecans, Anytime Oatmeal Fruit Crumble, Greek Yogurt Strawberry Sundae
THE EVERYGIRL’S GUIDE TO COOKING has everything you need to make cooking for yourself and your family fun. Whether you’re a kitchen newbie or experienced cook, there’s something in the book for you including:
• Pre- and post-workout smoothies
• Diabetic-friendly and gluten free recipes
• Pre-made breakfast recipes
• Caffeinated smoothies
• Easy and fun protein snacks
• 10 ingredients = 5 recipes on 1 shopping list
• Kitchen must-haves
• Tons of cooking tips, tricks and techniques and easy to follow steps
• Maria’s party tricks and favorite recipes
• Greek family splurges
• What to cook when you’re sick
• Great brunch ideas & hosting tips
• Even recipes for your dogs!
EveryGirl Cooking Moments
• Maria’s parents are her role models; they both worked multiple jobs while raising her and were often so tired by the time they came home. One of Maria’s favorite childhood memories is racing home after school to prepare her version of dinner for them: Fasolakia (green beans) & Patates Sto Fuorno (oven roasted potatoes).
• Have you ever battled with having to choose between your morning coffee or a healthy smoothie? Well battle no more, introducing caffeinated smoothies! Her Green Java Smoothie and Coffee-Coconut-Almond Frosty combine your healthy breakfast with a boost of caffeine to make your mornings easier.
• Maria loves hosting potluck “cook-off” competitions. Everyone gets together to feast on amazing dishes and then fills out ballots to vote and comment on their favorites! It’s a fun, cost effective means to entertain, to get everyone together and to share incredible recipes.
• Maria shares her experiences of cooking for kitchen legends! She has great memories of hosting Giada De Laurentiis for Thanksgiving, as well as having the chance to learn from Wolfgang Puck. Her favorite tip from Wolfgang: always salt and pepper each side of a burger before you cook it – an easy way to ensure maximum flavor.
Maria Menounos is co-anchor and managing editor of E! News and the New York Times bestselling author of The EveryGirl’s Guide to Life and The EveryGirl’s Guide to Diet and Fitness. Along with partner and co-author, Keven Undergaro, she founded AfterBuzz TV, the world’s largest online broadcast network, home to over 200 hosts, receiving 1 billion downloads annually and dedicated to producing TV after-shows. She also created and executive produced the ABC special #DanceBattle America alongside Undergaro and Julianne Hough. In addition, she hosts Conversations with Maria Menounos for SiriusXM Stars channel and NCM’s First Look cinema pre-show seen in over 70% of America’s theaters. Recently, she launched a line of Greek food, Maria’s Greek Delights™, with her mother.