INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Health officials are saying that diabetes continues to be a growing problem in America.
Tuesday, March 22, the American Diabetes Association is holding a Diabetes Alert Day.
24-Hour News 8 sat down with Clinical Dietitian Lisa Maccaroni to talk about the growing problem.
Watch the video for answers to these questions:
- What is driving the increase in diabetes diagnoses?
- Any particular age group that seem to be being diagnosed more than others?
- What’s happening on Tuesday on the Diabetes Alert Day?
- Can people get a free screening?
- What’s the goal of Diabetes Alert Day?
- What can people do to help reduce their risk of getting diabetes?
- Besides a physician, where else can a person recently diagnosed with diabetes go for help?