INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Indy Eleven is proud to call the WISH-TV family of stations its broadcast home for a third straight season in 2016. The two organizations today announced this year’s television package will be expanded to 20 games across the upcoming North American Soccer League (NASL) season, including 15 of the team’s 16 home matches at IUPUI’s Michael A. Carroll Stadium and an additional five away contests.
“We’re excited to return to WISH-TV for another season of Indy Eleven soccer,” said Larry Linde, Indy Eleven’s Director of Corporate Partnerships & Broadcasting. “Our partnership with WISH-TV allows us to provide tremendous exposure for our clients and what we feel are some of the best broadcasts in the North American Soccer League. We look forward to working with them on an expanded 20-game broadcast schedule this season.”
WISH-TV, Central Indiana’s CW affiliate, will begin its 17-game broadcast schedule in the coming days with Indy Eleven’s home opener this Saturday, April 9, against rival Ottawa Fury FC. MyINDY-TV 23, will air an additional three contests, including home and away showdowns against the defending NASL champion New York Cosmos during the Fall Season.
More highlights on the calendar include the debut for the “Boys in Blue” against two of the NASL’s three new squads – a June 4 trip to South Florida to take on Miami FC and the inaugural game for the Puerto Rico FC franchise, owned by NBA superstar Carmelo Anthony, that kicks off the Fall Season in San Juan on July 2.
The on-air team of play-by-play man Greg Rakestraw and color analyst Brad Hauter are set to return to the broadcast booth for season three, while WebStream Sports – A Raycom Media Company will once again handle all game production. In addition, the 30-minute Honda Post-game Show will once again follow every match in 2016, recapping that evening’s match with extensive highlights and interviews with personalities from both teams.
“We are excited to partner with Indy Eleven for a third season, giving viewers and fans across the state a front row seat to Indy Eleven and professional soccer,” said Les Vann, WISH-TV president and general manager. “We’re proud to expand the number of games we’re broadcasting this season, furthering our commitment of localism and bringing viewers the best in local programming. We look forward to another successful season together.”
See below the full listing of the 20 games airing on WISH-TV and MyINDY-TV 23 in 2016, and visit http://www.indyeleven.com/2016-broadcast for the full local, national and online broadcast schedule, also featuring Indy Eleven’s games on beIN Sports, CBS Sports Network, ONE World Sports and ESPN3.
INDY ELEVEN 2016 WISH-TV / MyINDY-TV 23 BROADCAST SCHEDULE
- Saturday April 9 7:30 p.m. ET vs. Ottawa Fury FC WISH-TV
- Saturday April 16 7:30 p.m. ET vs. New York Cosmos WISH-TV
- Saturday May 7 7:30 p.m. ET vs. FC Edmonton WISH-TV
- Saturday May 21 7:30 p.m. ET vs. Minnesota United FC WISH-TV
- Saturday June 4 8:00 p.m. ET at Miami FC WISH-TV
- Saturday June 11 7:30 p.m. ET vs. Carolina RailHawks WISH-TV
- Saturday July 2 7:30 p.m. ET at Puerto Rico FC WISH-TV
- Saturday July 9 7:30 p.m. ET vs. Minnesota United FC WISH-TV
- Wednesday July 13 7:30 p.m. ET vs. Fort Lauderdale Strikers WISH-TV
- Saturday July 23 7:30 p.m. ET vs. FC Edmonton WISH-TV
- Saturday August 6 7:30 p.m. ET vs. Ottawa Fury FC WISH-TV
- Saturday August 13 7:30 p.m. ET vs. Rayo OKC WISH-TV
- Wednesday August 31 7:30 p.m. ET at New York Cosmos MyINDY-TV 23
- Saturday September 3 7:30 p.m. ET vs. Tampa Bay Rowdies WISH-TV
- Saturday September 17 7:30 p.m. ET vs. Miami FC WISH-TV
- Saturday September 24 7:30 p.m. ET vs. New York Cosmos MyINDY-TV 23
- Saturday October 8 7:30 p.m. ET at Jacksonville Armada FC WISH-TV
- Saturday October 15 7:30 p.m. ET vs. Carolina RailHawks WISH-TV
- Wednesday October 19 7:30 p.m. ET at Tampa Bay Rowdies MyINDY-TV 23
- Saturday October 22 7:30 p.m. ET vs. Puerto Rico FC WISH-TV