INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Thousands have seen the brand new baby Sumatran orangutan at the Indianapolis Zoo.
She was born at the end of March, and now she needs a name.
The Indianapolis Zoo is inviting the public to vote for their favorite name.
Five names have been selected and the Zoo wants help from the public in deciding the official name.
The choices and significance of each name are:
- Kiki- The name of Sirih’s great-grandmother (Sirih is the baby’s mother.)
- Kitri- Means ‘rare’ in Indonesian.
- Milah- Means ‘dear one’ in Indonesian.
- Narah- Means ‘truth’ in Indonesian.
- Ndari- Means ‘full moon’ in Indonesian which matches when the baby was born.
Voting begins Thursday and continues through May 2. The name will be announced on May 3.
You can vote on the Indianapolis Zoo’s Facebook page. You can vote once per day.