INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – A man arrested for his role in robbing 10 Speedway gas stations and one Marsh grocery store was indicted on 22 counts in relations to the recent robberies.
22-year-old Donnell Gilder Jr. is accused of robbing the Speedway gas stations on the north side of Indianapolis. He was arrested in April.
According to U.S. Attorney Josh Minkler, Gilder was indicted on 11 counts of robbery, nine counts of brandishing a firearm during a crime of violence and two counts of discharging a firearm during a crime of violence.
On April 27, the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department were able to catch Gilder after police say he robbed a Speedway gas station located in the 5900 block of East 71st Street while armed with a hand gun.
Police said during the robbery, Gilder shot at the clerk, then fled the scene in a stolen vehicle that was left unattended near the gas station. IMPD apprehended him after a brief vehicle and foot chase.
Police said the clerk wasn’t injured.
Gilder was questioned by IMPD and arrested for 11 area robberies.
According to the indictment, Gilder is accused of robbing at least 10 Speedway gas stations and a Marsh Super Market.
Assistant U.S. Attorney Jeffrey D. Preston said Gilder faces a minimum of 260 years in prison if convicted of all charges.
Below is a list of robbery locations:
- Feb. 29 at 7481 Shadleand Avenue
- March 17 at 5990 East 71st Street
- March 17 at 5415 East 65th Street
- March 19 at 8202 Allisonville Road
- March 19 at 5415 East 65th Street
- March 23 at 8202 Allisonville Road
- April 5 at 8202 Allisonville Road
- April 6 at 5415 East 65th Street
- April 16 at 5415 East 65th Street
- April 16 at 8202 Allisonville Road
- April 27 at 5990 East 71st Street
Police said they don’t know why he only focused on Speedway and one Marsh store.