INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – IndyGo bus service will have a change in its routes due to the Indianapolis 500 Race and Memorial Day.
Downtown Indianapolis and the west side of the city routes will be impacted Saturday through Memorial Day. Street closures will also impact the time for scheduled bus service.
IndyGo wants to remind passengers to allow extra time when traveling this Memorial Day weekend.
The Indianapolis Power & Lights Festival Parade on Saturday, May 28 will close several streets downtown.
From 4 a.m. to 6 p.m.the bus stop closures include:
- Ohio St. from Delaware Street to Illinois Street
- Meridian Street from 16th Street to Ohio Street
- Pennsylvania St. from 16th St. to Ohio St.
The bus stops that will be open include:
- Ohio Street and Capitol Avenue (eastbound and westbound)
- Capitol Avenue and Market Street
- Maryland Street and Pennsylvania Street
- Delaware Street and Market Street
On Sunday, May 29 IndyGo will not offer services to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on race day.
The IndyGo routes that experience service interruptions are 3, 5, 10, 15, 37 and 38.
The following service changes on Race Day include:
- All stops on Michigan Street west of Michigan Plaza will be closed
- There will be no service north of 25th Street and Harding Street from 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- There will be no service north of 10th Street and Lynhurst Street to High School Road and Westhaven Drive from 6 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- There will be no service from Eskenazi to Gateway Drive and High School Road from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- All stops are closed from Cold Spring Road to 34th Street and High School Road from 6 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- If traveling to the end of the line outbound this route will service 38th Street
- All stops are closed outbound from 27th Street and MLK Street to High School Road. and Gateway Drive from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- All stops are closed from West Street and Michigan Street to Lafayette Road. and 38th Street
- All stops are closed from Shore Terrace Drive and Eagles Way to Cold Spring Road from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Maps of reroutes are available. Buses will make regular service stops along detour route. Planned detours may change without notice due to unanticipated closures.
For Memorial Day, IndyGo services will use a modified schedule:
- Local Fixed Route Service: Operating on a Sunday schedule
- Open Door Paratransit Service: Operating on a Sunday schedule
- Customer Service Call Center: Closed
- Customer Service Retail Center: Closed
- Administrative Office: Closed
In addition, if a route doesn’t offer services Sunday, then there will be no services available on Memorial Day.
If you have any questions you can contact IndyGo customer service at 317-635-3344.