Learning CPR could help you save a life, and as part of CPR Awareness Week, Shannon Bosley, CPR Instructor & American Heart Association Volunteer, shows us the proper way to perform CPR.
June 1-7 is CPR Awareness Week
Cardiac arrest – an electrical malfunction of the heart (not a heart attack) – is a leading cause of death in the US
Each year more than 350,000 out-of-hospital cardiac arrests occur in the US.
– 70 percent occur in homes
90 percent of victims die
– Only 46 percent receive help before EMS arrives
– Immediate CPR doubles the chance of survival
Hands-Only CPR has two easy steps to remember
– Call 911
– Push hard and fast on the center of the chest
– 100-120 compressions per minute
Learn Hands-Only CPR yourself
– 1-minute video at handsonlycpr.org
– Training kiosk in the A terminal at the airport
– Free training for Indy hospitality workers on Tuesday, June 7 at Victory Field. Call 732-4700 to register.
To learn more, visit www.handsonlycpr.org.