Get your oars out of the garage, it’s time to canoe to work! Canoe to Work Day is this Friday, June 3, and is a fun way to highlight the important role our waterways play in the communities we live, work and play. Brian McKenna and Jeremy Morris with Christopher B. Burke Engineering, LLC put Amber in a kayak this morning to better explain!
• CBBEL, an Indiana firm committed to protecting our water resources through planning and engineering solutions, started the event in 2012 as a fun way to connect with their clients.
• It’s grown each year and this year the mayor proclaimed June 3rd Canoe to Work Day for all of Central Indiana!
• There is not a specific launch point for all, however some groups will be meeting along fall creek to paddle White River into downtown Indy for their work day.
• Families are encouraged to get out and enjoy our waterways that day too. 12 great spots: www.indystar.com/story/life/diet-fitness/2014/03/22/indiana-canoeing-kayaking/6655347/
• Canoe to Work Day Partners: The City of Indianapolis, Citizens Energy Group, White River Canoe Company, Indianapolis Zoo, Bee Coffee Roasters and Brickhouse Coffee Roast
To learn more, visit: