INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Crews are working to get power back on to thousands of customers.
Overnight, a powerful storm swept through Marion County, taking down trees and splitting power lines.
William Pride pulled up to his photography studio on the 4500 block of Allisonville Road on Thursday morning. When he stepped out of his vehicle he noticed trees and power lines on the ground and in his path.
IPL used 43 crews to help restore power, and 26 crews from Tennessee helped with the work load.
“I give them an A, they had my business open before 1 o’clock,” said Pride, owner of Pride Photography.
Crews shut down part of 4500 block of Allisonville road to work on the downed power lines.
On the other side of town, at 20th Street and New Jersey Street, neighbors worked to chop up branches left in the middle street.
Residents in the quaint neighborhood say power went out just after 3 a.m., but power was restore five hours later.
On Thursday morning, emergency dispatch reported the following hazards due to the storm:
- Clinton Co: Several trees down and power outages.
- Carroll Co: Lots of trees down, lots of power lines down. An officer told dispatch a tree was into a home, but no homeowners have called in and reported it. In Delphi, a tree fell onto a truck but no one was injured.
- Hamilton Co: Not many damage reports yet.
- Tipton Co: Trees down, power lines down, nothing into homes or cars as of early Thursday morning.
- Tippecanoe Co: Trees down, power lines down, there have been reports of minor damage to houses.
- Montgomery Co: No real reports of damage.
- Marion Co: Lots of reports of downed power lines and utility poles.
According to a release, the areas confirmed where trees were down include:
- 3200 Cold Spring Road (Blocking the street)
- Placing Road and Payton Street (Blocking one lane)
- 30th and Meridian Street
- 800 Grant Avenue
- 1900 West 66th Street
- 19th Strret and Parker
- 86th Street and Thornhill Drive
- 7712 River Edge Lane
- 4607 Lesley Avenue
- 48th Street and Kessler Avenue
- 79th Street and I-465
- Pleasant Run and Young Street
- 56th Street and Wenlock Road
- Dorman and Polk Street
- 5302 English Avenue
This is a developing story, check back to WISHTV.com for updates and watch for weather alerts on Twitter and on-air.