Meridian Hills house fire leaves $300K in damage

(Provided Photo/IFD)

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — A house fire in the Meridian Hills neighborhood caused $300,000 in damage Friday morning.

Indianapolis firefighters responded to a home in the 6200 block of North Meridian Street around 10:30 a.m.

The Bowland family has lived in the home for 21 years, according to IFD. They were away when fire broke out and no one was hurt. Havanese dogs named Fidget and Mojo and a cat named Lil Wayne were safely pulled out by fire crews.

In addition to the blaze, firefighters battled weather — high humidity and heat.

Repairs had just been completed to the kitchen following a fire sparked by food on the stove in October of last year.

Comments are closed.