Bring on the burgers! Weber Grill Restaurant is participating in NUVO’s Indy Burger Week, running through Sunday. So stop by and try the Weber Way Burger for only $5! Today on Indy Style, Chef Nick sizzles up a small sample of what’s to come!
Classic Bacon Cheeseburgers
• 6 slices bacon
• 2 pounds ground chuck (80% lean)
• Kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 6 slices extra-sharp cheddar cheese
• 6 hamburger buns, split
• 6 leaves crisp lettuce
• 6 slices tomato
• Ketchup (optional)
• Mustard (optional)
1. In a large sauté pan over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally. Transfer the bacon onto paper towels to drain.
2. Gently shape the ground chuck into six burgers of equal size and thickness, each about ¾ inch thick. Season both sides of the burgers with salt and pepper. With your thumb or the back of a spoon, make a shallow indentation about 1 inch wide in the center of each patty so the centers are about ½ inch thick. This will help the patties cook evenly and prevent them from puffing on the grill.
3. Prepare the grill for direct cooking over direct high heat (450° to 550°F).
4. Brush the cooking grates clean. Grill the burgers over direct high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, until cooked to medium doneness, 8 to 10 minutes, turning once. During the last minute of grilling time, top each burger with a slice of cheese to melt and toast the buns over direct heat.
5. Serve the cheeseburgers hot on the toasted buns with a lettuce leaf and a slice of tomato, topped with a slice of the bacon. Serve with ketchup and mustard, if desired.
To learn more, visit www.webergrillrestaurant.com/location/indianapolis/.