HAMILTON COUNTY, Ind. (WISH) – The Hamilton County Sheriff’s Office is offering free car seat installation and inspection Thursday, July 22.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) said every 34 seconds in the United States, a child under the age of 13 is involved in a crash. A study by NHTSA showed 72 percent of car seats are not used correctly.
The clinic will be at the 4H Fair.
It’s free for the community but an appointment is recommended because it’s a first come, first serve basis.
The clinic will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in front of the law enforcement tent.
According to a release, the technicians will educate parents on the following:
- Selection- is the car seat right for the child’s height, weight, and development? Does it fit in the car? Is it easy to use correctly each and every time it is installed?
- Direction- should the child be forward or rear facing?
- Location- is it seat in the correct location in the car?
- Installation- is the seat secured correctly?
- Harnessing- is the child strapped in the seat securely?
To make an appointment call 317-773-1872.
Please have the following information ready for the phone call:
- The make, model, and year of the primary car
- The make, model, and year of the car seat
- Is the car seat new or used?
- For full details, view this message on the web