What a great mix! Wine, Brew & Bar-B-Que Too! Today on Indy Style, Mark Kennedy chats about a fun festival in New Palestine, and Mike Peters, from Great American Roadshow, serves up some Sugar Bourbon Seasoned Kabobs.
New Palestine Wine, Brew & Bar-B-Que Too!
5242 West US 52 New Palestine In
Friday July 15th 6pm -9pm Saturday Noon – 9pm
Competition BBQ Cook off
Wine Tasting ( Sat only )
Live Music Fri & Sat
2 Comedy shows Sat 630 Family Friendly, and 9pm adult
Mike ( from Great American Roadshow ) will show how to do a quick marinade and cook chicken… we will have a ” Drum Smoker ” in for demo
BBQ, Pulled Pork, Sausage, for sale Fri Night
Saturday AUCE BBQ ( Chicken, Ribs ,Pork, Brisket, Sausage, Red/Beans & Rice, Baked Beans, Slaw, Mac & Cheese ) $15 at door, $12 Advance ( Advance tix can e picked up Tuesday night from 6:30- 8pm at the Lions Club concession stand
Free Park & Ride Shuttle from New Palestine Elementary off south Gem rd in New Palestine
BBQ FESTIVAL RECIPE:
KCBS Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoned Mesquite Chicken & Vegetable Kabobs
Layer up the flavor with these bold chicken and vegetable kabobs. Start with a smoky mesquite base and top ‘em off with sweet and savory brown sugar bourbon.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Refrigerate: 60 minutes – 4 hours
Cook Time: 10-15 minutes
12 packages McCormick® Grill Mates® Mesquite Marinade
3 cups water
3 cups vegetable oil
12 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into chunks
12 pounds vegetables, such as red bell peppers, zucchini, squash and red onion, cut into chunks
1 cup McCormick® Grill Mates® Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning
1. Mix Marinade Mix, water and oil in medium size bowl. Place chicken in large resealable plastic bags or non-reactive tubs. Place vegetables in separate bag or tub. Add half of the marinade to chicken; turning to coat well. Add remaining half of marinade to vegetables; turning to coat. Refrigerate at least 60 minutes or up to 4 hours for extra flavor.
2. Remove chicken and vegetables from marinade. Discard any remaining marinade. Alternately thread chicken and vegetables onto skewers.
3. Sprinkle Seasoning evenly over kabobs. Grill kabobs over medium heat 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender, turning occasionally. (Internal temperature of chicken should reach 165ºF.)
Makes 96 – 2 oz. servings. (about 1 piece of chicken and 1 piece of vegetable per 2oz. serving)
Test Kitchen Tip:
• If using wooden skewers, soak thoroughly in water for at least 30 minutes before threading with chicken and vegetables. This prevents them from burning when on the grill.
• Make sure to empty entire contents of marinade packets when opening multiple packets at one time.
• For more consistent cooking, skewer chicken and vegetables separately. Begin cooking chicken skewers first, as vegetable skewers will take less time on the grill.
1-9.5 oz Club Bottle McCormick® Grill Mates® Brown Sugar Bourbon Seasoning = 1 ¾ cup
Kabob Sampling – 20,000 2 oz samples
20,000 / 192 (samples per recipe) = 105 batches
105 x 1 cup=105 cups/1.75 cups per bottle = 60 club size bottles Brown Sugar Bourbon Seas.
105 x 12 pkts = 1260 pkgs/12 pkgs per case = 105 cases Mesquite Marinade Mix