INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – Grocery store baked goods fall short in providing us with vitamins and nutrition. Instead, they contain a stew of unhealthy substances that can seriously damage your family’s health.
Getting back into the kitchen where you control the ingredients in the baked goods is a terrific way to add to some nutrition back in those treats. Check out this delicious and nutritious recipe.
Nut Butter Brownies
Recipe from PlantPure Nation Cookbook Makes 12
2 tbsp. ground flax-seed meal
6 tbsp. warm water
1/2 cup sucanat (Sugar-cane-natural–Evaporated cane juice)
1/2 cup raw honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cups nut butter (Organic peanut, almond or cashew butter)
1/2 cups organic unsweetened apple sauce
3/4 cup quinoa flour
1/3 cup cocoa or cacao powder
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. Himalayan salt
1/2 cup vegan or carob semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a 9×9 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flax meals and water. Let stand for 2 minutes. (Jells)
- In a separate bowl, blend sucanat, honey,vanilla,nut butter, applesauce, ad flax meal mixture until smooth.
- In a third bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add to the sucanat mixture and stir to combine.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool out of the pan before slicing.
To hear more about this delicious recipe, click on the videos.