Can you? YES, we can! Come join Can-It-Forward-Day and help support a local Indy charity. Jessica Piper, Analytics Specialist, Consumer Affairs, Jarden Home Brands, Ball Canning, tells us how!
- Can-It-Forward Day was created to help show how easy and rewarding home preservation can be. The event welcomes new and expert canners alike, with the Ball brand as provider of information and best practices, as well as facilitator of engagement and conversation within the community.
- Now in its 6th year, Can-It-Forward Day has a new digital home, Facebook Live! Taking place on Friday July 22nd from 10AM – 3:30PM ET.
- Jarden Home Brands, makers of the iconic Ball® canning products will host a series of live, recipe demos taking place from kitchens across the country, led by home canning expert and Jarden Home Brands Culinary Manager, Chef Sarah Page, alongside expert canner and Consumer Affairs Analyst Specialist, Jessica Piper. Also sharing recipe demos will be the Ball Fresh Preservers, Marisa McClellan of Food in Jars, Angie Holden of The Country Chic Cottage, Linda Ly of Garden Betty and Malia Karlinsky of Yesterday on Tuesday.
- Viewers will have the privilege of watching unique recipes unveiled throughout the day; recipes not yet made available online, including Apricot Lavender Jam, Spicy Heirloom Tomato Chutney, Green Tomato Pickles, Fiesta Peppers, Chipotle Peach Salsa, and a user generated recipe using the new FreshTech HarvestPro Sauce Maker.
- In the true spirit of canning-it-forward, consumers can pledge to tune in on July 22nd by visiting http://www.freshlypreservedideas.com/can-it-forward-day-pledge. Whether learning to can for the first time or looking to share their own preserving expertise, those that take the pledge will be rewarded with a high value coupon valid at the online store on FreshPreserving.com, which can also be shared with friends!
- Consumers can join Can-It-Forward Day in any of the following ways:
- Pledge to can-it-forward by signing up via the pledge page and share with friends.
- Tune in on July 22nd to watch canning demonstrations via Facebook Live from 10:00AM – 3:30PM ET. Each hour, viewers will have the chance to win a giveaway prize!
- Engage with any of the Facebook Live recipe videos and a donation will be made to charity.
- Ask a Jarden Home Brands canning expert any preserving or home canning questions via Twitter with the hashtag #canitforward from 10AM – 5PM ET. Prizes will also be offered on Twitter every hour!
- Share personal #canitforward creations with the brand on Pinterest and Instagram
- Whether participants are learning to can for the first time or looking to share preserving expertise, the spirit of “canning-it-forward” will come through in all social aspects of the broadcast as well as this year’s focus on charity. To support communities offline, five small, local, non-profit organizations have been selected with the help of participating bloggers to benefit from the event. For every like, share, reaction and comment on the Can-It-Forward Day Facebook Live videos onJuly 22, a $1 donation (up to $1,000) will be made to one of the following local charities:
- Southside Middle School Panther Pantry(Muncie, Indiana) selected by Jarden Home Brands
- The Food Trust(Philadelphia, Pennsylvania) selected by Marisa McClellan, Food in Jars
- EnrichLA(Los Angeles, California) selected by Linda Ly, Garden Betty
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee(Nashville, Tennessee) selected by Angie Holden, The Country Chic Cottage
- Food Lifeline(Seattle, Washington) selected by Malia Karlinsky, Yesterday on Tuesday
To learn more, visit: www.freshpreserving.com and www.freshlypreservedideas.com/can-it-forward-day-pledge.