Talk about a chill night! Flix Brewhouse is America’s Only Cinema-Brewery, featuring a full dining menu and signature beers brewed in-house, creating a complete entertainment experience. Gary Beauregard, Director of Food Experience, Flix Brewhouse, shares how it all works!
ABOUT FLIX BREWHOUSE:
– Flix Brewhouse currently has three locations and are opening a fourth location in Albuquerque, New Mexico later this year.
– Guests are invited in to enjoy a movie along with a delicious meal from their menu that consists of a wide variety of options spanning from salads to pizza to burgers.
– The first dish demoed on air was the Hawaiian Tuna Poke appetizer. It’s made with fresh diced sashimi (raw) tuna filet, lightly marinated in ginger-sesame-soy with chilies, sweet onions, and scallions. Served with fresh-fried pita triangles and diced avocado and tomato. This is a great menu option to go for if you’d like something delicious and fresh to snack while you watch your movie.
– No one is ever too old for a grilled cheese sandwich so for the second segment, Gary made Flix’s Grown Up Grilled Cheese. He’s added a unique twist to this simple sandwich by using Sharp Cheddar, Pepper Jack, and Crumbled Bleu cheeses with pepper jelly melted inside buttery, grilled to perfection Texas toast.
– The Flix lobby bar and cafe is open 7 days a week to the public, no ticket required, so you can come in and grab a bite to eat or have a locally brewed beer anytime!
– To book your Flix experience or for more information, please visit our website at www.flixbrewhouse.com/carmel.
Flix Brewhouse is America’s Cinema Brewery® – the only first run movie theater in the world to incorporate a fully functioning microbrewery. By combining these concepts, Flix Brewhouse delivers three of America’s great loves to the theater seat – craft beer, great food and the latest movies. All 25 of the stadium seating “dining rooms” are outfitted with the latest high-definition digital cinema projection and sound technologies, wall-to-wall curved screens, cushy high back chairs and a revolutionary Easy Glider moveable table top. The kitchen serves a full menu of elevated pub fare including pizza, salads, burgers and a range of appetizers. Additionally, each location features a microbrewery, serving house-made beers and 38 additional drafts. Flix Brewhouse has three locations in Round Rock, Texas, Des Moines, Iowa and Carmel, Indiana, and will debut two new locations in Albuquerque, New Mexico in 2016 and Little Elm, Texas in 2017. For more information, visit www.flixbrewhouse.com.
GROWN UP GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
TEXAS TOAST, THICK CUT 2 EA.
BUTTER, ROOM TEMP. 2 TBSP.
SHARP CHEDDAR CHEESE, SLICED 1 EA.
PEPPER JACK CHEESE, SLICED 1 EA.
BLEU CHEESE, CRUMBLED 2 TBSP.
TABASCO PEPPER JELLY 2 TBSP.
PREHEAT A SEASONED CAST IRON PAN TO LOW-MEDIUM TEMPERATURE (300-325⁰f.)*
-Lightly and evenly coat one side of each of the slices of Texas Toast with softened butter
-Spread Tabasco Jelly on the un-buttered side of one piece of Texas Toast
-Onto the other un-buttered surface, stack Cheddar cheese, Bleu cheese crumbles and Pepper Jack cheese slice.
-Place the cheese-covered piece of bread, butter-side down, into the pre-heated pan and top with the jelly-coated piece of Texas toast (butter-side up); press lightly.
-Allow the sandwich to cook, undisturbed for 3-4 minutes
-Use a spatula to gently flip the sandwich over, browning the other side for an additional 3 minutes.
-Remove the Grilled Cheese sandwich from the pan and transfer to a clean cutting board; slice in half, diagonally.
-Serve with accompaniments of your choice.
*When using a COATED non-stick pan, do not heat the pan until you are about to use it (a seasoned cast iron pan is ideal for making grilled cheese sandwiches). It can be unhealthy to heat coated, non-stick pans that do not have anything in them.
TUNA POKĖ APPETIZER
(Serves 4-6 as an appetizer)
Roasted Sesame Oil 1/4 Cup
Ponzu sauce 2 Tbsp.
Green onion (scallions) whole 1/4 Cup
Fresh ginger, peeled 1 Tbsp.
Granulated white sugar 2 tsp.
Soy sauce 1.5 Tbsp.
Ground Cayenne pepper ½ Tsp.
Jalapeño pepper 1 tsp.
Lime (you will need the to produce ½ tsp zest) 1 ea.
Kaffir Lime Leaves, Fresh (if not available, double lime zest) 2 ea.
-Peel, cross-cut and finely mince ginger
-Finely mince jalapenos (include veins and seeds if you desire a spicier preparation)
-Remove the dark, green outer layer (the zest) from the outside of the lime and finely mince for use in the recipe (the rest of the lime may be reserved for another use).
-Finely Mince Kaffir Lime Leaves
-Combine all ingredients
-Set aside, refrigerated for up to 1 day until ready to serve Poké
ASSEMBLY INGREDIENTS AND INSTRUCTIONS
Sushi-grade Ahi Tuna 1 Lb.
Sweet Yellow Onion 1 small
Haas Avocado 1.5 ea.
Ripe Tomato 1 medium
Green onions <scallions> (green parts only) 2 Tbsp.
Fresh Pita Rounds 6 ea.
-Dice Ahi/tuna into 1/2″ cubes (maintain at extremely cold temperatures before, during and after).
-Chop the green ends of the green onions into 1/8″ rounds; dice sweet yellow onions into 1/4″ dice; set aside
-Remove seeds from tomato and dice the flesh into ¼” dice; set aside.
-Remove seeds, peel and dice avocados into 1/2” cubes; set aside.
-Immediately before serving, bake pita rounds until slightly toasted on the outside, but still moist inside– about 4 minutes at 350⁰ F.
-Cleanly dice tuna into 1/2″ cubes; (This may be done ahead and refrigerated for quick assembly)
-Combine the tuna with the Poké Sauce (recipe above) and diced yellow onion; mix well, but gently
-Dice the flesh of 1/4 avocado (per serving) and push it into a 2″ ring in the center of a black oval plate.
-Place 1/2 cup of prepared Tuna Poke into the ring, over the avocado
-Distribute a single layer ring of diced tomatoes around the Poke
-Carefully pull up the ring to retain the vertical, cylindrical shape of the presentation
-Sprinkle a garnish of chopped scallion greens over the Poké mound
-Slice the pita rounds into six triangular pieces, each and place the baked pita triangles artfully around the Poké
-Repeat the above procedure for each serving.