INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — The Indiana State Fair begins Friday. Here is a list of everything you need to know for your State Fair visit!
The State Fair runs from August 5-21.
To buy tickets online, click here.
For parking information, click here.
- Sunday-Thursday: 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. to 12 a.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. to 12:30 a.m.
- Exposition Halls are open daily from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
There are a couple places you can visit animals. Check the map to find the different locations.
- Cattle barn, West Pavilion
- Draft Horse Barn, Champions Pavilion
- Poultry and Rabbit Barn, Northwest Pavilion
- Saddle Horse Barn, South Pavilion
- Swine Barn
- Sheep Barn, Elements Financial Blue Ribbon Pavilion
The State Fair hosts many themed days that provide discounts and specials to fair goers. Below is a list of the themed days and what discounts they offer. For a full list of themed days and for more information, click here.
- Aug. 5: Sprint College ID Day
- Free admission with valid college ID
- Aug. 6: Motorcycle Safety Day
- Free parking for motorcyclists, first come first serve.
- Aug. 8: Indy Star Free Ticket
- Look for the free ticket printed in the Star. You’ll get free admission on Aug. 10 if you clip the ticket!
- Aug. 8: Chevrolet Military Day
- Free admission for current or former members of the Armed Forces plus their families.
- Aug. 9 and 16:Teacher Appreciated $2 Tuesday
- Both Tuesdays of the State Fair, visitors are admitted for $2 and concessionaires at the Fairgrounds will have $2 options all day long.
- Aug. 10: Indiana Pork Day
- Use your clipped tickets from the Indy Star for free admission.
- Aug 11: My BMV Discount Day
- Save 50 percent off gate admission by redeeming the voucher available online at http://www.myBMV.com.
- Aug. 13: Hoosier Lottery Day
- Visitors 18 years old and up can visit Lotto Town to pick up a free scratch-off ticket.
- Aug. 15: Meijer Family Day
- Gate admission is only $20 for up to 10 people. Click here for the voucher.
- Aug. 18: AAA Day
- Free admission when showing a valid AAA card at the gate.
- Aug. 19: Stand up to Cancer $5 Friday
- Fair admission is only $5.
- Aug. 21: Mountain Dew Day
- Bring any Pepsi brand can to receive $2 off gate admission.
One of the best parts of the State Fair is all the food. To find a full list of vendors and their menus, click here.
The State Fair is also serving alcohol outside for the first time.
Entertainment and Attractions:
- For the full list of attractions click here.
- Concerts at the Free State, click here for the full schedule.
- Family Fun Park
- Click here for the full Coliseum schedule.