KOKOMO, Ind. (WISH) — Several churches and organizations are pitching in to help tornado victims in Kokomo.
Donations were stuffed into a semi Saturday morning.
Charity Church originally started a drive to help flooding victims in Louisiana. But after Wednesday’s tornadoes here at home, they committed to send some of the donations to Kokomo.
The church is gathering cleaning supplies, diapers, food and other supplies that mean so much to people who lost everything.
The pastor at Charity Church says everyone can contribute a little something.
Items needed (no clothing will be accepted at this time):
• Bottled Water
• Can Goods
• Non-Perishables (Peanut Butter, Packaged Goods, Etc.)
• Baby Food
• NEW Baby Bottles
• Dog Food
• Cat Food
• Paper Goods (Plates, Napkins, Cups, Plastic Cutlery)
• Toilet Paper
• Paper Towels
• Cleaning Supplies (Anti-Bacterial Wipes, Bleach, Dish Soap, Laundry Soap, Hand Sanitizer)
• Hygiene Products (Deodorant, Toothpaste, Toothbrush, Shampoo, Conditioner, Contact Solution, Lotion, Baby Powder, Etc.)
• First Aid Supplies (Band-Aids, Antibiotic Ointment)
• NEW Blankets
• Drywall Screws
Items can be dropped off at several locations including Charity Church, Westside Nazarene, Bethel Family Worship Center, and Crossroads in Avon. Charity Church is holding a donation event Saturday between 9 a.m. and noon at it’s 2700 S. Tibbs Ave. location.
There are also several local businesses involved in the effort. The iShop Repair, Shafer Collision Repair Center, Indy Ink & Toner, and WISH-TV partner paper the Hendricks County Flyer are all offering support.