Heather Marianna has over 3 million fans connecting to her YouTube personality page to follow her DIY beauty videos with a sass!
Heather is the local beauty expert for Las Vegas’ local NBC 3 news affiliate and regularly appears in their Thrifty Thursday segments, where she demonstrates simple DIY beauty/skincare treatments using common household ingredients each month.
She transitioned her YouTube channel into an all-nature skincare and beauty line called Beauty Kitchen, which features goodies such as monthly beauty boxes ,bath soaks, collagen eye gel pads, body mists, and more!
The regular season of the NFL kicks off next Thursday, so Heather demonstrated how to turn popular football party foods into easy DIY beauty treatments!
Sour cream face mask for a radiant complexion:
- removes dead skin cells and restores elastin, leaving skin more firm (vitamin A)
- improves blood circulation, saturating the cells with oxygen (vitamin C, which is a natural antioxidant)
- softens inflammation, tones the skin by evening out blood circulation
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 4 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley (natural lightening agent)
- One mashed cucumber (cooling)
- Mix together and apply to the face for 15 min. This mask can also be stored for up two days in the refrigerator so make a little extra for yourself!
Hummus anti-aging face mask:
- Prevents skin sagging and detoxifying skin by removing sulfites which can reduce the smooth, tight look of skin (manganese and molybdenum in chickpeas)
- Assists growth and repair of skin cells (folate in chickpeas)
- Prevents age spots and signs of aging (copper in tahini and zinc in chickpeas and tahini)
- 1 cup dried chickpeas (or use organic tinned – drain but retain juices)
- 1-2 cloves garlic (crushed if you don’t have a super powerful blender)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup (3- 4 big tblspns) unhulled Tahini
- Juice of a lemon (approx 1/4 cup)
- Salt & pepper
- 2-3 tblspn cooking water (left over from the chick peas)
- Soakchickpeas overnight, rinse and pop on stove with plenty of water and cook until tender (1 to 2 hours).
- Putall ingredients in Vitamix or kitchen whiz. Blend until soft and creamy.
- Storein glass jar with lid for 7 days in fridge.
Fresh salsa face mask for acne prone skin:
- Acts as an astringint and cleaner for oily skin (tomatoes)
- Exfoliates (sea salt) and cools and battles inflammation (cucumber)
- Detoxifying and packed with vitamin C (cilantro)
- 1 medium fresh tomato
- 1 bunch cilantro
- fine sea salt
- 1 medium cucumber
- Seed the tomato and chop into chunks. Spin it through the food processor just enough to dice it up.
- Peel ½ cucumber and puree in a food processor and then mince 1/4 cup cilantro.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl along with 2 tsp fine sea salt and mix well. Store your facial salsa in a jelly jar with a lid in the fridge for up to one week.
To use, spoon out a few tablespoons and massage the salsa all over the face, avoiding contact with eyes and leaving on for 10 minutes. Rinse with fresh, cool water.
For more information, check out Heather’s YouTube page at http://www.youtube.com/heathermarianna or her website, heathermarianna.tv.