NC man admits to shooting ex-wife in Facebook video

(Provided Photo/WNCN)

NORLINA, N.C. (WNCN) – A Warren County man is on the run after shooting both his ex-wife and 15-year-old son in the chest early Tuesday morning, police said.

The incident happened around 1:30 a.m. at a home located at 403 Hyco St. in Norlina.

Police say Earl Valentine kicked in the back door of his ex-wife’s house and shot her, then his son in the chest.

“I’ve been in law enforcement 20 years and I’ve never seen anything like this this guy is bragging about it on social media. No remorse whatsoever. When we spoke to him on the phone he told us he is basically armed and dangerous,” Norlina Police Chief Taylor Bartholomew said.

The victim’s moved to Norlina to escape Valentine’s abuse, Bartholomew said. A restraining order against Valentine expired last month.

Valentine posted a Facebook Live video where he admitted to the shooting.

“What’s up everybody? I just killed my (expletive) wife,” Valentine said in part of the video. “I don’t feel no (expletive) remorse for what I did.”

Officials said 15-year-old died. The ex-wife is currently in critical, but stable condition.

Bartholomew said he has been in contact with Valentine by phone, but his phone has now been turned off.

“He shot his own son. And for me and my guys? It’s hard to wrap your brain around that. We’re pretty angry about it especially the way he’s acting over it,” Bartholomew said.

At the time of the phone calls, police say the suspect was believed to be in the Richmond area.

Police say Valentine may have threatened other family members living in the that area.

He could also be in Columbia, South Carolina as his mother lives there.

The names of the victims and suspect have not been released.

Police said the suspect’s current location is unknown but they are looking for a black 2008 GMC Yukon possibly connected to Valentine.

Comments are closed.