Man found guilty in 2015 Greenwood murder

Candelario Cruz-Trujillo (Provided Photo/Johnson County Sheriff's Office)
Candelario Cruz-Trujillo (Provided Photo/Johnson County Sheriff's Office)

JOHNSON COUNTY, Ind. (WISH) — An Indianapolis man has been found guilty of murdering a man in Greenwood in 2015.

Candelario Cruz-Trujillo, 38, was found guilty of murdering Miguel Hernandez after shooting him three times in the parking lot of the Four Seasons restaurant.

Investigators said Hernandez had been having an affair with Cruz-Trujillo’s wife. Hernandez’s wife told investigators about the affair.

Cruz-Trujillo waited for Hernandez to arrive for work at the restaurant, show him twice in the body and then again in the back of the head.

Joe Villanueva, Chief Deputy Prosecutor for Johnson County, said that final shot helped make up the jury’s mind.

“I explained to them that shooting a man in the back of the head who was lying on the ground, already paralyzed, was nothing other than a pure execution, and they agreed,” said Villanueva.

Cruz-Trujillo will be sentenced on November 7. He faces 45-65 years in prison.

 

Comments are closed.