INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – The Indiana Department of Environmental Management is continuing its Air Quality Action Day Wednesday for three Indiana regions.
IDEM is forecasting high ozone levels Wednesday in the following areas:
IDEM is asking the public to make simple changes to help reduce the ozone. Some of the suggestions include:
- Use public transportation
- Avoid using drive-through
- Avoid using gasoline-powered lawn equipment until after 7 p.m.
- Turn off engine when idling for more than 30 seconds
- Turn off lights
- Set air conditioner to 75 degrees or above
Those who are sensitive to changes in air quality may be affected. Those with heart or lung conditions should reduce or avoid heavy work outdoors.
Click here to learn more about ozone.