INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Most people believe the lower their cholesterol, the healthier they are. When eaten in moderation, vitamin and protein-packed eggs are quite healthy and can affect your sunny disposition and mood. Research reports low cholesterol levels are linked to aggressive, violent tendencies and depression.
What you’ll need for your Kimchi omelet with Sriracha syrup:
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 to 2 tsp. Sriracha, more to taste
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup kimchi, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Himalayan Salt, as needed
- black pepper, as needed
- Toasted black or regular sesame seeds, for garnish
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
Don’t forget to:
- Prepare Sriracha syrup, in a small pot set over medium heat combine vinegar and sugar. Bring to a boil and simmer until syrup is reduced by about half, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow syrup to cool slightly. Stir in Sriracha sauce and set aside while you make the omelet. In a small nonstick pan set over medium-high heat, add oil and warm until shimmering.
- Add kimchi and cook, stirring, until warm, about 30 seconds. Add eggs and quickly scramble mixture with a fork. Pat flat with a spatula; cook, without moving, until almost set but still slightly loose on top, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Slide omelet onto a plate, folding half of it over the filling.
- Drizzle with Sriracha syrup and garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro leaves.