Kitchen gadgets galore! We gave Firefighter Tim the task of trying out some new gadgets, and he came back with rave reviews. Check them out, along with an easy Crockpot Pork Tenderloin recipe!
Easy Savory (4 picky daughters-approved) Crockpot Pork Tenderloin
Chicken broth -1 Cup
Soy sauce – 1/4 Cup
Balsamic vinegar – 1/4 Cup
Worcester sauce – 1/4 Cup
Honey – 3 Tablespoons
Dijon Mustard -2 Tablespoons
Olive oil – 2 Tablespoons
Onion – 1 Cup (slice and mince using UrbanTrend
Mistral mini mandolin)
Garlic cloves minced – 3 (mince using
UrbanTrend garlic press)
Chop all of the following fresh herbs using UrbanTrend Orbit Herb Chopper
Fresh Rosemary – 2 Teaspoons
Fresh Oregano – 1 Teaspoons
Fresh Thyme leaves – 1 Teaspoon
Black pepper – 1/2 Teaspoon
Pork tenderloins – 3
Cornstarch – 1 Tablespoon
Cold water – 3 Tablespoons
1. In a large Crock Pot, add all the ingredients except the pork, cornstarch and water and then mix until evenly combined. (Optional) you can sear your pork on all sides before adding to mixture or just add and, turn over to coat on all sides.
2. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until pork is tender.
3. Remove pork from Crock Pot and place on a serving dish and tent loosely with aluminum foil. Allow pork to rest for about 7 minutes.
4. Thicken the sauce while pork is resting; in a small bowl, mix cornstarch with the cold water until it’s completely dissolved. Pour all the liquid from the Crock Pot into a small saucepan. Add the cornstarch mixture and bring to a boil. Boil for 1-2 minutes until mixture thickens. Slice Pork and pour the thickened sauce over it and serve.
Just because your name isn’t Giada or Bobby, doesn’t mean you can’t impress like a food network star. Gift the foodie in your life, or the novice in training, with a set of cool, new kitchen gadgets that will surely make his/her next home cooked meal not only incredibly delicious, but also fun AND easy to make.
I’d like to introduce you to Urban Trend, an industry leader in stylish and affordable housewares for the family. The brand puts a unique twist to everyday kitchen tools, providing clever solutions that improve your cooking experience so you can cook great food.
• Reverso Primo™; Reverso Plus™ & Reverso Mini™ – Measuring cups that can be read from any angle so you never again have to bend, stoop or lift. Actually two measuring cups in one, the Reverso Primo “turn-me-over” measuring cups have a second reservoir when flipped, and the Reverso Plus and Reverso Mini have integrated measuring spoons conveniently built into the bottom and out of your way or loose in your kitchen drawers.
• Forza™ Garlic Press – One handed garlic press leverages shoulder and upper body strength for an easier crush.
• Orbit™ Rolling Herb Cutter – Cut through all fresh herbs with ease and fold-flat for convenient storage.
• Ringo™ Multi-Peeler – Both straight and serrated blades on a swivel ring to peel soft fruit and vegetables in both the straight and “y” positions. .
• Mistral™ Mandoline Slicer – The only two-way mandoline slicer helps you quickly slice or julienne your fruits and vegetables in three different thicknesses.
• Twin blade rotary multi-peeler