Get ready for a night of “spooktacular” fun!
ZooBoo, presented by Central Indiana Honda Dealers, begins Oct. 7 and runs every Friday-Sunday through Oct. 30. This is a fall tradition for so many area families, including Halloween activities, more animal chats and fun new decorations and more.
• One of the highlights every year is the Elephant Pumpkin Smash presented by Sam’s Club. Pumpkins are, of course, a yummy treat for lots of our animals and it’s fun to watch how each elephant has their own techniques for eating the pumpkins. The younger ones will stomp on them to break them up while some of our larger elephants can stuff a whole pumpkin in their mouths and get it all in one chomp!
• Broomstick Alley presented by State Farm is one of our newer activities and it’s been a huge hit with our younger guests. We’ve converted our Splash Park into a mini race course where kids are challenged to maneuver a small jack o’ lantern ball through the course with a broom. They can do it by themselves or race their friends, and it’s a lot of fun.
• We encourage the little cubs to come in costume and enjoy some trick-or-treating at five treat stations in our Plains exhibit. But if that’s not enough to satisfy our guests’ sweet tooth, our chef has created some incredible new goodies like s’mores cookies, fall trail mix, crispy treats and more.
• The Zoo opens at 9am and we encourage our guests to come out early, visit some of your favorite animal exhibits and then enjoy the ZooBoo activities from 2 to 7pm.
• ZooBoo is included with admission and it’s free for members. Guests can save money by purchasing advance tickets at IndianapolisZoo.com plus discount tickets are also available at Indianapolis-area Donatos and Indiana Members Credit Union locations.
SEGMENT IS SPONSORED BY WHITE RIVER STATE PARK