CLAY COUNTY, Ind. (WISH) – Indiana State Police say a man was arrested after he attempted to flee from an officer Thursday evening.
According to police, an officer attempted to stop Charles Spiker, 31 or Greencastle on eastbound US 40 near County Road 425 West for traveling 68 mph in a 55 mph zone, but Spiker refused to stop until moment later when his motorcycle came to a stop.
Spiker came to a stop on eastbound US 40 near County Road 300 West due to mechanical issues.
The officer arrested him and took him into custody.
Further investigation found Spiker was in possession of the following:
- Stolen handgun
- Approximately 4.9 grams of methamphetamine
- Approximately 2 grams of marijuana and drug paraphernalia
According to police, the handgun was reported stolen out of Putman County and the motorcycle had not been registered through the Indiana Bureau of Motor Vehicles.
Striker faces the following charges:
- Possession of handgun with no permit
- Possession of stolen property
- Possession of methamphetamine
- Possession of marijuana
- Possession of paraphernalia