It may not feel like fall outside today, but it’s the perfect time to get your home ready for the winter months ahead. Bob Dillon, President, Unique Home Solutions, has more on how we can get things started!
A. Top 5 ways to winterize your home:
1. Clean gutters
– cleaning out the leaves and debris will help eliminate ice buildup and possible damage to gutters, soffit, fascia and roofing,
Replacing old smaller gutters with a larger capacity system like the Leaf Slugger Gutter Protection System will keep you off the ladder and safe on the ground with minimal maintenance … stay on the ground and use a gutter wand to rinse them out
2. Caulk windows
– if replacing your old windows with energy efficient ones is not in your budget, caulking will help to eliminate drafts
3. Doors: weather-stripping and sweeps
– replacing an old worn out door would help make the home more efficient however, at the very least, adding new weather-stripping and new sweeps along the bottom will help eliminate the cold drafts
4. Inspect Roof
-a roof inspection should also include a check of the flashing around the chimney and valleys. Signs of discoloration, soft spots, loose granules in the gutters, etc… could mean your roof is in need of replacement before the damage escalates.
5. Clean Windows
– cleaning your windows before bad weather hits will not only give you a great view of the majestic winter wonderland, but will also allow you to inspect for any damage or drafts or areas needing caulked as we spoke about earlier. This will make it much easier in spring to clean as there will be less build up.
As always, you want to be sure you hire a professional to replace or modify your home.
Monthly Sale Promotion: Fall Whole House Sale
1. Take advantage of monthly special – Annual Fall Whole House Sale -25% off
To learn more, visit www.uniquehomesolutions.org.
SEGMENT IS SPONSORED BY UNIQUE HOME SOLUTIONS