Now, these are “sammiches!” Think local, fresh and so good! That’s the idea behind Pogue’s Run Grocer, and today on Indy Style, Deli Manager Marquis Humphrey introduces us to the G.O.A.T sandwich and the Pumpkin Spice!
ABOUT POGUE’S RUN GROCER:
– The Deli at Pogue’s Run Grocer is rolling out its new menu by featuring a new #SandwichOfTheWeek every Monday.
– Each new sandwich features the best local meats, cheeses, breads, produce and ingredients, including many housemade spreads, dressings and toppings.
– Pogue’s Run Grocer was opened by the Indy Food Co-op nearly 6 years ago to serve urban Indianapolis with a full-service natural products grocery store featuring fresh, healthy foods and locally produced goods, an acclaimed Deli, catering service and teaching space. Each week, our the Deli features a #SandwichOfTheWeek and we host Facebook LIVE segments called “Ask a Nutritionist” and “Ask an Herbalist.”
– Pogue’s Run Grocer is named for the Indianapolis waterway that flows from 42nd & Shadeland in Lawrence southwest to Arsenal Technical High School, and then underground through downtown past the Fieldhouse, Post Office, and Stadium to the White River.
-This week: The G.O.A.T.
This week our savory, Housemade Goat Cheese Spread takes center stage.
It’s an ensemble of fresh, natural Goat Cheese, Smoked Gouda, Whiter Vermont Cheddar and Cream Cheese. Pair that with Boar’s Head Tuscan Turkey, Lettuce, Tomato and Cucumber, season it with Basil, Parsley, Shallots and Garlic and serve it on your choice of bread from Cornerstone Bread Co. and you may just have … The Greatest Of All Time.
-The Pumpkin Spice
Pumpkin Spice everything is all the rage, so we figured we’d jump on the bandwagon. Did you know most of your favorite pumpkin spice products are actually made with butternut squash?
This week, we’re topping Smoking Goose Meatery City Ham with our own Pumpkin Spice: a Housemade Roasted Butternut Squash and Apple Cinnamon Cream Cheese. Throw in Boar’s Head Smoked Gouda Cheese and a little Red Onion and you’ve got Pumpkin Spice delight on a Pretzel Bun.
Eat your heart out latte lovers!
Bratwursts / Sausages (boiled in Working Man’s Pilsner from Fountain Square Brewery)
– Fermenti Artisan Sweet Beet Kraut
– Fermenti Artisan Curtido
– Fermenti Artisan Garden Kraut
– Purple Pride or Wholegrain Mustard from Batch No 2
– BBQ Sauce –
To learn more, visit: