INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – During the month of November, Franciscan Health is offering free classes to help you keep your heart healthy.
The classes will cover warning signs for risks like aneurysms, heart attacks and strokes.
They will also cover other subjects like diets to improve heart health and ways to reduce stress.
The classes will be run by doctors with Franciscan Health at facilities all around central Indiana.
Seating is limited for these events.
The classes include:
- Aneurysms: Pay attention before it’s too late
- Robert McCready, MD
- Tuesday, Nov. 1 at 5:30 p.m.
- Major Health Partners Administration Bldg.
- 2325 Intelliplex Drive, Shelbyville
- Am I safe from a heart attack or stroke?
- Presented by Babu Doddapaneni, MD
- Tuesday, Nov. 1 at 6:30 p.m.
- Franciscan Health Mooresville (1201 Hadley Road)
- Healthy Dining Out Tips
- Wednesday, Nov. 2, 6:30 p.m. at the Franciscan Health Heart Center Indianapolis (8111 S. Emerson Ave
- Americans eat nearly half their meals away from home. How can you control what you eat when you don’t cook for yourself? Learn how to make wise menu selections and eat smart while dining out.
- Flavorful Holiday Cooking Tips
- Thursday, Nov. 3, 6:30 p.m. at Franciscan Health Mooresville
- Wednesday, Nov. 9, 6:30 p.m. at the Franciscan Health Heart Center
- Don’t blow your good eating and dining habits this season! Learn how to manage the holiday feasting and celebrations with herb and spice options to add flavor to your traditional recipes.
- Savvy Shopping
- Thursday, Nov. 10, 6:30 PM at Greenwood Meijer, 150 Marlin Dr.
- With all the new and changing products on the shelves, grocery shopping can be overwhelming. Learn where to find the healthy foods and how to avoid packaging tricks commonly used to market foods.
- Discover how food labels make you a smarter shopper.
- Reduce Holiday Stress
- Tuesday, Nov. 15, 6:30 PM at Franciscan Health Mooresville
- Wednesday, Nov. 16, 6:30 PM at the Franciscan Health Heart Center
- Negative stress causes changes in lifestyle and behavior, which may lead to unhealthy choices. Learn to identify the causes of stress in your life and techniques to decrease your stress which can improve your health.
Click here to register or call 317-782-4422.