INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – Governor-elect Eric Holcomb announced Earl Goode as his chief of staff during an afternoon conference on Monday.
Goode will serve as chief of staff in the Governor’s Office effective on January 9, 2017.
Goode served as chief of staff to Governor Mitch Daniels for six years, and he was also a former utility company president. He is currently the co-chair of Next Level Indiana, Inc.
“Earl’s steady hand and voice of reason will be a valuable asset to me and our team as we work to take Indiana to the Next Level,” said Governor-elect Holcomb. “Earl cares about Hoosiers, he demands excellence and has always served others above all else, and for that reason he is the perfect fit for our growing team.”
Holcomb also announced the expansion of his transition board. The new board members will review where each state agency stands and what each agency can do to improve. The transition board is called Next Level Indiana, Inc.
The agency review team leaders include:
- Steve Boyce, Director-External Affairs, AT&T; Former Chief of Staff, Lt. Gov. Becky Skillman (Johnson County)
- State Department of Agriculture, Office of Community & Rural Affairs, and Housing and Community Development Authority
- Dave Frick, Former Executive Vice President, Chief Legal & Administrative Officer, WellPoint (Marion County)
- Department of Child Services
- David Holt, Vice President-Operations & Business Development, Conexus (Marion County)
- Department of Transportation
- Beverly Gard, Former Indiana State Senator (Hancock County)
- Jeff Knight, Executive Vice President & Chief Legal Counsel, Old National Bancorp (Vanderburgh County)
- Department Environmental Management and Department of Natural Resources
- Ryan Kitchell, Executive Vice President & Chief Administrative Officer, IU Health; Former Director, Office of Management & Budget, State of Indiana (Marion County)
- Family and Social Services Administration
- Rob Carter, Executive Director of Risk Management & Security, Ivy Tech (Clay & Marion County)
- Allison Karns, Public Safety Policy Director, Office of Governor Mike Pence (Marion County)
- Public Safety
- Michael Huber, President & CEO, Indy Chamber; Former Deputy Commissioner, Department of Administration, State of Indiana (Marion County)
- Department of Administration, State Personnel Department and Office of Technology
- Brian Burdick, Managing Partner, Barnes & Thornburg; Former Deputy Treasurer of State, State of Indiana (Marion County)
- Office of Management & Budget, Indiana Finance Authority, Department of Revenue and Department of Workforce Development
- Anne Valentine, Vice President, Student Experience & Customer Experience, Ivy Tech; Former Legislative Director, Bureau of Motor Vehicles, State of Indiana (Marion County)
- Alfonso Vidal, President, Vidal Plastics (Vanderburgh County)
- Bureau of Motor Vehicles
- Pete Miller, Former Indiana State Senator (Hendricks County)
- Regulatory Agencies, Boards & Commissions