Are you looking for something unique, educational and fun for those special youngsters in your life? Let the experts be your guide—children! The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis invited kids of all ages to visit The Museum Store to play with and vote for their favorite toys during the 18th annual Kid-Tested, Kid-Approved event! Toy experts scoured The Store with thoughtful insight into selecting 32 of 2016’s hottest holiday toys for kids to test and judge.
Here are the Top Ten Toys for Kid-Tested, Kid-Approved in order of most votes:
1. Mad Mattr Doh – Molding dough that never dries out; enhances fine motor skills, imaginative and sensory play (ages 3+)
2. String Thing – Transforms string into magical moving rainbow; generates wave patterns and interactive shapes that defy gravity (ages 8+)
3. Pop ‘N Catch – Click the cup holder to launch the ball for your partner to catch; encourages outdoor physical activity (ages 3+)
4. VEX Robotics Catapult – Machine that stores kinetic energy to launch projectiles at varying distances-some over 10 feet (ages 8+)
5. Flamingo Marionette – It dances, walks, hops and encourages imaginative play (ages 3+)
6. Robot Mouse – Learn to program, code, and problem solve with this puzzle (ages 5+)
7. Laser Tops – Winding toy that uses balance and centrifical force (ages 4+)
8. Liquid Color Tiles – Liquid encased tiles demonstrate art in movement; physical activity encouraged through dance and jumping (all ages)
9. Design & Drill Flower Power – Engineering and art principles used to construct a flower garden (ages 3+)
10. Tegu Magnetic Blocks – Teaches the basic principles of magnets; ignites imagination (ages 3+)
Don’t forget: Black Friday is only six weeks away. Mark your calendar for a Black Friday 30% discount that will be available on Nov. 25, 2016 only from 8:30-10 a.m. for all purchases made at The Children’s Museum Store during the annual Santa’s Big Arrival event. See Santa zoom to the museum in a real race car (Indy Racing Experience 2-seater IndyCar)! Shipping and gift wrapping are also available.
Also, museum memberships also make a great family or grandparent holiday purchase. Memberships may be purchased at the museum, online, or by calling (317) 334-4000. Store hours are from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays through Sundays. The store will be open until 2 p.m. on Dec. 24 to make those last minute holiday purchases.
About The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis
The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis is a nonprofit institution committed to creating extraordinary learning experiences across the arts, sciences, and humanities that have the power to transform the lives of children and families.
To see the full list of toys tested by kids and available for purchase, please visit www.childrensmuseum.org/blog/kid-tested-2016.