INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – Walmart is hosting a “day of giving” at the Indiana Statehouse Tuesday.
The retailer will award 17 non-profits a total of $710,000 in Walmart Foundation Indiana State Giving Grants.
The store said it picked organizations that focus on hunger relief, healthy eating, sustainability, women’s empowerment and career opportunity.
The event starts at 9:30 a.m. at the Indiana Statehouse Atrium located at 200 West Washington Street.
The following organizations will be recognized:
- Catholic Charities of Terre Haute (Terre Haute)
- Blessings in a Backpack (Statewide)
- Indiana Women in Need Foundation, Inc. (Indianapolis)
- Dress for Success Indianapolis (Indianapolis)
- Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana (Indianapolis)
- The Salvation Army (Goshen)
- Hoosiers Feeding the Hungry (Corruna)
- Mother Hubbard’s Cupboard (Bloomington)
- Meals on Wheels of Northwest Indiana (Merrillville)
- Food Bank of Northern Indiana (South Bend)
- Community Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Indiana (Ft. Wayne)
- Teachers Treasures (Indianapolis)
- Tech Point Foundation for Youth (Indianapolis)
- Ft. Wayne Urban League (Ft. Wayne)
- Washington County Community Foundation (Salem)
- Operation Job Ready Veterans (Indianapolis)
- Indianapolis Urban League (Indianapolis)